• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question for all you ROM devs for the Evo on a setting I need

FLAWLESSVW

Important to me at least...
On my last phone (Samsung Galaxy Prevail) running CM7, I was able to change my GPS Source in my settings. I could then connect my external Bluetooth GPS (Holux GPSlim 236) and the phone would use it rather than internal gps which gave far superior accuracy.

This may not sound important, but my wife and I are Geocachers (www.geocaching.com try it, it's f****** sweet) and the internal GPS is not usable for this type of activity.

Do any of the existing ROMs allow us to change GPS Source?
Even if you're not a dev and have a custom ROM flashed, if you'd be so kind as to check for us that'd be nice!

Thank you,

Anthony

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

I don't recall seeing no changing of bluetooth source in settings of pure cm. So if I had to guess it was modded in some way or I just never seen what you were talking about. Do you have a link to the said gps thing you have? I'm also not sure if the stock rom would support it or not so have you tried?

I remember seeing this in settings but I don't know what Rom it was on. Have you tired google map settings? Or google nav settings?

I don't recall seeing no changing of bluetooth source in settings of pure cm. So if I had to guess it was modded in some way or I just never seen what you were talking about. Do you have a link to the said gps thing you have? I'm also not sure if the stock rom would support it or not so have you tried?

Here is the ROM I used on my old Samsung Galaxy Prevail:
http://androidforums.com/galaxy-prevail-all-things-root/436886-cyanogenmod-7-unofficial-beta-5-02-20-12-a.html

I can power up my old phone and try to get a screenshot of the setting so you can see it too (later on).

In Settings, I had:
GPS (On/Off)
Then another line called:
GPS Source
Which would pop a new screen where you could choose ANY BT device (obviously I chose my GPS),
then a Toast would pop up saying something like "GPS Source has been changed, you may need to turn GPS off and back on for changes to take effect" or something along those lines.

Back