• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question for those who bought the $350 16gb from the play store,

What was your final amount after taxes and shipping?
I have exactly $450 in the bank, going to purchase one hopefully now that they are in stock!

Nexus 4 (16GB): $349.00
Shipping:............. 13.99
Tax:.................... 29.04
Total:............... $392.03

The taxes in your state will change the total slightly, but I'm in CA which has pretty high sales tax and it still came in under $400 total.

How many gigs would I have to use out of the box, on both 8g, and 16g?

On the 8GB version there is 5.xx GB available for use and on the 16GB version there is 12.9GB available for use.

Also $450 is plenty as the Nexus 4 16GB model is $350 + $13.99 shipping + your state tax. It should come out to less than $400.

Alright, thanks a lot everyone. Plus I need an extra $50 for the $50 a month plan, but actually I decided to do the $30 one, but I have a few questions if anyone has the $30 plan please let me know!

Alright, thanks a lot everyone. Plus I need an extra $50 for the $50 a month plan, but actually I decided to do the $30 one, but I have a few questions if anyone has the $30 plan please let me know!

T-Mobile $30 Value Plan + Vonage App = winrar

The way T-mobile sets up that plan sucks. You can only activate the $30/month plan (100 minutes, 5gb data) online. You have to order the activation kit and then activate it online when you receive the sim card. I ordered mine last Thursday, the 22nd and haven't received it yet, today is the 30th.

The way T-mobile sets up that plan sucks. You can only activate the $30/month plan (100 minutes, 5gb data) online. You have to order the activation kit and then activate it online when you receive the sim card. I ordered mine last Thursday, the 22nd and haven't received it yet, today is the 30th.

Actually you can do it through Wal-Mart too

Shipping seems to be a consistent flat rate - you should be able to calculate your tax rate easily based upon where you live. That's going to vary a great deal as each state, county, and municipality is different. Here in Chicago I get a very high rate due to the combo of Illinois state tax, Cook County tax, and Chicago city tax. Do you not know what your local tax rate is?

Shipping seems to be a consistent flat rate - you should be able to calculate your tax rate easily based upon where you live. That's going to vary a great deal as each state, county, and municipality is different. Here in Chicago I get a very high rate due to the combo of Illinois state tax, Cook County tax, and Chicago city tax. Do you not know what your local tax rate is?

I believe it's 8.5 cents a dollar.

Actually you can do it through Wal-Mart too

I went to two wal-marts and they both told me the same thing. They would only activate the plan on new phones bought in the store. The didn't sell the activation kit or even activate my phone at all.

I received mine in a few days and the whole time I had the tracking information. I would contact T-Mobile.

Of course mine is still sitting in a drawer unactivated since I have not yet been able to get (or even order-- life happened) an N4 yet. :rolleyes:;)

Back
Top Bottom