• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question for your Inc. 2 users

craigrn16

Android Enthusiast
Do you guys have the new SVDO chip like the Thunderbolt. Meaning can the Dinc. 2 use voice and Data at the same time? I read that Verizon was going to start doing that with all their phones now but I didn't hear anything about the Dinc 2 having the capability

Someone posted test results here earlier that it does not support simultaneous voice & data. Not a direct answer on the chip but real world experience.

i find the feature to be completely useless. like the at&t commercials where the womans like "i'll let you go so you can make reservations." and he's all, "oh no need, i can do it right now." and i'm thinking "what makes you think she wants to wait on the phone with you while you're making reservations? she probably has shit to do"

Agreed. I've only had one situation where I was on speaker phone with someone and I said, "hold on let me check", and then remembered I don't get voice and data at the same time...

...side bar...

voice and data do not work on 3G but does work if you have WiFi turned on!

...end side bar...

I just don't see the point of talking and surfing at the same time. As if we already don't do enough things all at once...

i find the feature to be completely useless. like the at&t commercials where the womans like "i'll let you go so you can make reservations." and he's all, "oh no need, i can do it right now." and i'm thinking "what makes you think she wants to wait on the phone with you while you're making reservations? she probably has shit to do"

I lol everytime I see that stupid commerical. The dude works in a nice ass office building, working late, dressed nice, probably gets a decent salary, yet no computer on his desk? Really? And also, trying to make reservations on the phone would take forever. Just hang up, go on on your work computer, and make the reservations there.

Back
Top Bottom