• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question regarding SD Card

xefe

Ive had my evo since it first came out. I have flashed numerous roms and over time of being very very untidy, my sd card is a mess now.

I would like to clean my sd card up. I use titanium and have amon ra backups as well as clockwork.

What files would I have to save over so that I can safely clear my sd card completely and maybe partition it as well.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Ive had my evo since it first came out. I have flashed numerous roms and over time of being very very untidy, my sd card is a mess now.

I would like to clean my sd card up. I use titanium and have amon ra backups as well as clockwork.

What files would I have to save over so that I can safely clear my sd card completely and maybe partition it as well.

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

You can pretty much delete everything other than the TI Backup folder, the CWR folder and the Amon_RA backup folder.

If you want to conserve some space, keep two or three reliable backups on your card. Then you can put all the other backups on your computer. At 400mb each, thatll give you extra room if you need it.
Unless all you want is to 'see' less folders on your card, then you can leave all your backups on it.

Some apps keep data on the sdcard. If you remove everything, it will recreate its directory. Of course, you'll want to backup all this stuff in case you notice something is missing. That way, you can copy something back in case you notice you need it later. Also, if you use froyo apps2sd, keep .android_secure or move all apps back to the phone, then back to the card after the format. Either one will work.

Well I formated using amon ra... added a partition 256mb and 512 (really dont know why I did this, was there a good reason for it ?)..

Problem now is... MY damn SD card is FN slow as hell now... Im talking like 1.5mb a sec transfer rate. I used to could transfer an entire 1gb movie in like 2-3minutes or less. Now its taking like 30minutes to copy a movie. What the heck happened !!!

1) The only reason to partition your card is if you're going to use a2sd to move all apps to the sdcard. Beyond that, there is no good reason.
2) Just partitioning the card shouldn't have impacted transfer speeds. What ROM/kernel are you on now?

using myns Z .. whatever kernel that comes with it. Yea Ill prolly use the a2sd... knew there was a reason for me doing it :)

Back
Top Bottom