• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
New owner of the phone and i love it!! i was just wondering if its worth rooting??? cause i really dont wanna brick my phone lol. is there a noob way to root it??

your not gonna brick your phone.. rooting is fairly easy (though the instructions are fairly long)... dont be overwhelmed... just give yourself 2 hours (you prob wont even need that much) and your phone will be better than ever before...

and yeah, this phone is pretty crappy at stock... usable but still... dont you want:
/free wifi tether
/faster processor speeds
/longer battery life
/desenseify (some people like sense but I just can't stand it)
/beats audio (or mobster's hq audio)
/access to more play store apps
/a custom boot animation (the stock virgin mobile animation just kills me)
/faster data speeds
/faster response times (buttery smooth)
/and much much more...

the root guide link --> http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...ing-evo-v-4g-roms-kernels-using-fastboot.html
as i mentioned, the instructions are long but very noob proof...

Reactions: Chevyman1580
Upvote 0
New owner of the phone and i love it!! i was just wondering if its worth rooting??? cause i really dont wanna brick my phone lol. is there a noob way to root it??

Go ahead a take the plunge. Set aside an hour or so to read and re-read what you have to do. Take your time and if you have any questions or are unsure of anything, just post them to the correct thread. I'm sure they'll get answered in a timely manner incase you can't find the answer by searching.
When you get done with said instructions: enjoy your new phone and happy flashing!

Edit:davidmargolin beat me to it and in his response: word!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones