• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hi all! I'm looking to bring two phones over to PagePlus (I think).

I'm wanting a smartphone, but I refuse to pay $30/month extra for data on Verizon. I'm in my home office with Internet 24/7 anyway.

So can you connect to the Internet and download and use apps via WiFi with PagePlus? I've been assuming so... but I can't find concrete confirmation.

What about making calls over Wi-Fi? Is that possible if you have one of the plans with a limited number of calls? (so as not to use your minutes)

Also... have any of you successfully used a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Page Plus?

I'm wanting a smartphone, but I refuse to pay $30/month extra for data on Verizon. I'm in my home office with Internet 24/7 anyway.

So can you connect to the Internet and download and use apps via WiFi with PagePlus? I've been assuming so... but I can't find concrete confirmation.

I only use wifi to download apps, youtube etc... Depending on the speed of your wifi you can make calls using a voip app such as talkatone or groove ip.

Upvote 0
What about making calls over Wi-Fi? Is that possible if you have one of the plans with a limited number of calls? (so as not to use your minutes)

Just my two cents here... But the one thing that Page Plus really shines at is cheap as hell minutes with excellent nationwide coverage. You can get 1200 minutes for $30 on Page Plus...

That said, you can use a smartphone on WiFi, it has nothing to do with Page Plus. You are bringing your own phone, so it just depends on what your phone can do.

Also my two cents, if you don't know if a smartphone can use WiFi, you may not want to go down the path of flashing a phone onto PP. It can be undone with updates, etc. It will either work perfectly, or you'll probably find it a real hassle.

Upvote 0

Also... have any of you successfully used a Samsung Galaxy S2 with Page Plus?

Ok let me see if I can help with this.
If your Gal. S2 is CDMA it will program over to pageplus. The worst case is you might have to manually program it for the data work, most of the time it will just program right up by dialing *22890.

Yes you can make calls over wifi with Pageplus. So if you want a plan. that has limited data the 12 would work. it comes with 1200 min. for 29.95 basically for 10.00 more you get to add data and unlimited talk n text.

Downloading apps yes on pageplus you can do anything that verizon can do except with a max of 3g speed. They do not offer 4g yet.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones