• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quick charge question

JimKnuckles

Android Enthusiast
When y'all have your quick charger plugged in, do you have 'AC' next to your battery charging info?

I got an international g4 and I'm sure if I'm getting quick charging speeds. When I had the AT&T variant, it would instruct me to plug in the charger it came with to get maximum speeds. It doesnt do that on the H815 model I'm on now.

chargingscreenshot.png

AC = Alternating current DC = Direct Current:

Alternating current is the type of current that comes from a power plant and outlet, in which the current changes directions rapidly. Direct current is the type of current that comes from a battery, where the current is always flowing in the same direction.

Mine also shows AC when plugged in and charging, but I'm not using any quick charger.

Mine also shows AC when plugged in and charging, but I'm not using any quick charger.
You're not using the quick charger that came with your device? Which model do you have?

I just want to know that this model phone (H815) is recognizing quick charge. On my note 4, it tells me when the fast adapter is connected.

My AT&T variant did the same when a non-quick charging cable was connected. I've plugged in quick charges and non quick chargers and it doesnt say anything different

Using AT&T. The AT&T didn't come with a quick charger. What I am using actually is a verizon wireless universal charger.

The Verizon variant doesn't come with a quick charger either. I stalked slickdeals.net & found some options in the $9-12 range depending on number of ports. Well worth the upgrade.

Lol missing the whole point of the post here

Now that you know you are using quick charging cable...does it ever tell you to connect a quick charging cable when you don't have one in?

My att phone did that, the h815 does not do that. I don't know how to tell if I am getting a quick Charge. Don't think I am. My note 4 chargers worked for the g4. Doesn't seem like it is now on the h815

Just tried it. No it doesn't tell me to connect quick charging cable. :)
lol okay, thanks

if you dont mind, next time there is a non-quick charge micro-usb around plug it in and see if it tells you to plug in quick charge cable for faster charging, or something like that. thats what it did for my at&t one.

Just tried it and it said: Use standard charger to charge faster. I tried a charger with .35 input. My quick charger is 2.0 input.

Last edited:
Just tried it and it said: Use standard charger to charge faster. I tried a charger with .35 input. My quick charger is 2.0 input.

okay thanks.

i have plugged mine into the charge it came with, and then when i plugged it into a basic charger its not telling me that.

Back
Top Bottom