• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help quick question

londonstylz

Jan 31, 2011
I was at laundrymat doing my laundry, checking my email on my ascend and the the sitting next to me tapped me on my shoulder. I was like great what is this guy gonna ask me for change? he says hey i see your phone there and whips out his ascend he had just gotten. he asks me how to use it cause he had no clue. i showed him the market got him all set up there and when the market loaded it looked totally different than the market i have on my phone. is it maybee that the new ascends (eventhough mine isnt even a month old) come with 2.2 or maybe he bought it off a friend who had it rooted instead of the metro pcs. i'm sure it was the ascend it even said huawei on the back. i also showed him a couple other things.

It was probably an older version of the market.He'll be prompted to update the next time he logs on to it,or it will update itself on the next reboot.I recently performed a hard reset on my phone,and it temporarily reverted to the old version,next time I rebooted,it showed the current version.

Upvote 0
I was at laundrymat doing my laundry, checking my email on my ascend and the the sitting next to me tapped me on my shoulder. I was like great what is this guy gonna ask me for change? he says hey i see your phone there and whips out his ascend he had just gotten. he asks me how to use it cause he had no clue. i showed him the market got him all set up there and when the market loaded it looked totally different than the market i have on my phone. is it maybee that the new ascends (eventhough mine isnt even a month old) come with 2.2 or maybe he bought it off a friend who had it rooted instead of the metro pcs. i'm sure it was the ascend it even said huawei on the back. i also showed him a couple other things.
Bought it off a friend. Perhaps it's got a custom ROM on it already. I had actually heard that amongst a few of the 2.1 ascends, There are a few with a so called "Update". I don't know if this is a rumor or if it's true but, I have seen a few ascends recently with different apps and styles to them right out of the box. Not sure what that means but, I'd guess maybe they added a perk or two for the newer created ones? I'll have to do some "Investigation". I've got some friends buying ascends here soon..

Upvote 0
londonstylz2009
londonstylz2009
the one he had was the one shown in the 2.0 market video on android.com. i took a screenshot of mine.
20110225205211.png
[/IMG]
20110225205211.png

londonstylz2009
londonstylz2009

Upvote 0
londonstylz2009
londonstylz2009
the one he had was the one shown in the 2.0 market video on android.com. i took a screenshot of mine.
20110225205211.png
[/IMG]
20110225205211.png

londonstylz2009
londonstylz2009

I got my phone back in October and it did not have that Market. One day in maybe December or January or something I was downloading an app from the market and I also noticed "Market" downloading also. I allowed and the next time I went to the market I had the new version.

Upvote 0
Run the updater.

SETTINGS > ABOUT PHONE > ONLINE UPDATE.

Can anyone confirm that this is correct?
It should tell you if you've got any updates, Even if the update is for the market itself. Mine had an update recently too. IF you don't have "Automatic update" checked, Then you might need to check for updates on your own every once in a while. Most of the time for me it says "Updates available" in the notification box but sometimes it doesn't. Like it didn't for the market update.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones