• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Quick Send option in Gallery app?

budwizer

Nov 15, 2009
I've noticed in the 2.1 Gallery app there is an option for Quick Send when I select photos on the phone taken with the camera. The problem is when I select it I am receiving a message stating "No email account" and it returns back to the Gallery.

I'm assuming this allows a quick way to send photos and not need to go through the steps for emailing them. Is that correct?

Does anyone know what needs to be done to configure the email account information so that the Quick Send option works?

On my stock Motorola XT720 (eclair), I have the Gallery app and a "Media Gallery" app that I assume is from Motorola. I think that's what adds Quick Send to your image sending options.

Selecting quick send opens an email in gmail addressed to all of my Quick Send contacts with the file attached and the subject "Sent from a Motorola phone". The only benefit over using Gmail is that it pre-fills the To field. It might be useful if you like sending images to your whole family, since the Gmail app doesn't seem to support groups.

To add Quick Send contacts, open Media Gallery and Menu > Settings > Quick send > Menu > Add Address.

You also have to setup a Gmail or Email account with one of the default apps. (An alternative email app would probably also work.)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones