• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Quickoffice

Does that include editing now? QuickOffice was always free to view documents, but if you wanted to edit and create, you had to buy the paid version. I'll try it later when I've got WiFi.

I'll definitely give it a try later, I'm using Kingsoft at the moment.

OK I've now tried the free QuickOffice. There's a couple of issues though.

1) It has to be on-line and connected to Google Drive for it to start, otherwise it won't start and says "Error connecting to network". And when it is on-line it takes about 30-40 seconds to get going, too long IMO. More than likely because Google Drive can be very slow in China. Not satisfactory.

2) Viewing documents seemed to be very flaky. It wouldn't open any .DOC files on my phone at all, just said "Error opening document", even simple ones. When trying to view a product information spreadsheet that's in .XLS, that has embedded images. It said "Insufficient memory to show images". Kingsoft handles all of these just fine.

Kingsoft Office is actually Chinese, but I find it to be very good.

EDIT:

I've looked and found who's recently bought QuickOffice, it's now free but evidently has to be on the internet for it to work.

Google

Back
Top Bottom