• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ram management for the Light T399

BallZRDeeP

Lurker
I am going to be honest and say that I am not completely aware of how to utilize the TWRP method and root methods listed in this subforum. However I need to either get a dumbass how to guide on rooting it, or find an alternative to manage ram clearing aside from Clean Master, don't want to auto kill tasks upon closing. Far too much multitasking :)

Any insight with apps for selective RAM management? Want to ensure certain programs are getting closed in particular instead of encompassing every single process.

Thanks in advance. Josh~

It seems like with a 1.4GHz quad core chip and 1GB RAM, and only a 480x800 screen, this phone should be smoother than it is. Especially if you compare it to nearly stock Android, like what the Moto E and G run smoothly. Yet it gets bogged down quickly, and often games won't stay resident in memory and have to be reloaded after every damn time you return to the homescreen.

TouchWiz has to be the culprit. Or maybe that it's not running KitKat like the Moto devices are.

FYI, there is a new custom ROM out for this phone.

[ROM][Galaxy Light T399][UANE4] LightWave V1… | Android | XDA Forum

It's the stock ROM, but stripped of all the bloat, deodexed and tweaked for better performance. I haven't tried it yet (gotta wait until I get this Nexus 4 I just got working 100%) since I don't have a back-up phone.

The same guy is going to try porting Cyanogenmod 11, which would be $%@#ing SWEEEET! Being closer to AOSP but with its own performance tweaks, it should run smoother than TouchWiz, in addition to the fact that CM11 is KitKat 4.4.

BTW, Clean Master does have a white list. You can choose which apps you don't want to be closed. Of course, Android's own RAM management might still close your apps, but that's not something you have much control over. There are Xposed modules that can force apps on a per-app basis to be more likely to stay resident in memory, but nothing can override Android from ultimately controlling everything.

If you're not familiar or experienced with Xposed, you should be. Let me know, and I'll do my best to walk you through it. With certain modules and tweaks you can make this phone your own as much as possible without flashing a custom ROM.

Back
Top Bottom