• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help random fc's popping up

PC Jona

com.android.core? something like that. the phone dialer fc's handcent fc's

everything fc'd, so i battry pulled. nothing, rebooted nothing, tried to reinstall the apps nothing.

so i just re flashed syndicate rom and it was fine.

but then i when to plug in my phone to charge and then it randomly shut off. maybe it shorted out or something ? idk. anyways then it started to fc again

any ideas ?

ive been getting similar problems running syndicate frozen rom. force closes on various phone apps. only solution was to reload the rom. same problem after a week. im clueless

I read somewhere that the vision kernel stops the force closes. However I don't use syndicate so can't say for sure.

Did any of you enable journaling on? Frozen comes with journaling off, meaning instead of writing data before its done it skips this process. Its a small performance gain but its at a risk. So if your battery suddenly dies, you drop your phone and battery pops out or if you do a battery pull you cause data corruption which in returns causes all kinds of fc's. The only way to fix the fc's is to reflash everything. Now there are two ways that i am aware of to enable journaling on. 1) create a backup in cwm and restore it, or 2) get the journaling on zip over at xda - http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1071723 Either will work and will prevent fc's. Hope this helps

Did any of you enable journaling on? Frozen comes with journaling off, meaning instead of writing data before its done it skips this process. Its a small performance gain but its at a risk. So if your battery suddenly dies, you drop your phone and battery pops out or if you do a battery pull you cause data corruption which in returns causes all kinds of fc's. The only way to fix the fc's is to reflash everything.

idk what journaling is but im sure i got the journaling off version of syndicate.

and yea my phone was acting weird after battery pulls and random shut offs

so if thats why it happens then im not worried anymore, thanks man def helped.

Ya you definitely got journaling off because that is the only option for it. Unless you like fc's you should do one of the ways to enable journaling. It will save alot of headaches imho.

Back
Top Bottom