• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Random freeze ups

montenell

I've noticed in the past couple days my phone will become non responsive randomly and I have to do a battery pull. I have this problem on both mobstergunz and the midnight rims. What could it be?

:confused:Is your phone undervolted too much?
Did you overclock too much?
Did you remember to wipe the DALVIK CACHE AND REGULAR CACHE? Or data factory reset?
Did you do something to it?
What kernel are you using?
-Is it stable?

Maybe it's a retarted POS app that makes it freeze? :smokingsomb: lol it's still possible there are some really stupid devs out there in the wild :D

I'm not exactly sure you should give us more info to help you solve this problem ;)

It might be that you didn't wipe the caches properly but you said that it has started happening for the past couple of days, so maybe not...

If the problem persists you might want to do a factory reset on TWRP or 4EXT or whatever you have, make sure you backup your data. ;)

Well one of the Roms uses power kernel so there's no under/over clocking. Basically I switched to midnight Rom and wiped everything and got too man freeze ups and reboots so I did a restore to mobstergunz and started getting the.same thing just not as frequently

Well I would definitely recommend doing a full factory reset and then reinstalling your rom of choice. Also realize that whenever you change roms even more so with kernel changes you have to spend the time to fine tune it on your particular phone.

unnecessary

Maybe, but true. Google definitely doesn't vet their apps like Apple does, on the whole that's probably a good thing though. Better to have a few misbehaving apps than big brother telling us what we're allowed to use. Apple kowtows to the carrier's wishes, one example was the blocking of voip at AT&T's request.

Maybe, but true. Google definitely doesn't vet their apps like Apple does, on the whole that's probably a good thing though. Better to have a few misbehaving apps than big brother telling us what we're allowed to use. Apple kowtows to the carrier's wishes, one example was the blocking of voip at AT&T's request.

This is my vision of Apple

And+the+Delightful+Kids+from+Down+the+Lane+_392968498aba75db72766f8ff8d7e172.png

Back
Top Bottom