• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Random Power Pop Up

Ptmcweb

Lurker
Does anyone get a power pop up on the S9+

It puts a 'skin' on the home and or lock screen and is very annoying as at times it prevents some general use.

It does not appear to be part of device care....

Cannot seem to disable

Input please

It's not appearing from a recent app install as went through that ....

And also does not have a tap option that goes anywhere to an app

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190819-175555_Translate.jpg
    Screenshot_20190819-175555_Translate.jpg
    184.6 KB · Views: 179
There used to be a permission for apps to "draw over other apps"'. If you can find the list of apps that have that permission, it will narrow down the possibilities. but I just looked around in app permissions and couldn't find that permission any more. I'm not sure if it went away or I just don't know how to find it.

There used to be a permission for apps to "draw over other apps"'. If you can find the list of apps that have that permission, it will narrow down the possibilities. but I just looked around in app permissions and couldn't find that permission any more. I'm not sure if it went away or I just don't know how to find it.
Found it!

settings...apps...three dot overflow menu....special access....appear on top.

that small list of apps should include your culprit. further narrow it down by only looking for the ones that have the permission enabled. look for anything new or suspicious.

Found it!

settings...apps...three dot overflow menu....special access....appear on top.

that small list of apps should include your culprit. further narrow it down by only looking for the ones that have the permission enabled. look for anything new or suspicious.

Thanks for the find ...... going through that way now ..... still haven't found the culprit tho as yet

Looking at the screen cap you posted, in the event it's not actually a pop-up ad but rather just an actual part of some app you've installed, did you install any kind of third-party battery or power management app?

Looking at the screen cap you posted, in the event it's not actually a pop-up ad but rather just an actual part of some app you've installed, did you install any kind of third-party battery or power management app?

Great question, and no is the answer, have uninstalled all recent apps without resolving this issue.
The only management app per se is Samsung Device Care and I have even tried disabling that.

Back
Top Bottom