• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Reboots

mikefla

Jul 14, 2010
Florida
Hello, I was just wondering if someone could tell me what might cause a phone to random reboot? I bought two droid X phones off ebay from diffrent sellers one for me and the other for my wife. Well mine is Rebooting about 3 times a day on its own? I was just playing Angry Birds and about 10 mins into it the phone just rebooted. I do have insurance but before i go that far could it be a software problem, or is the phone on its way out? thanks

Hello, I was just wondering if someone could tell me what might cause a phone to random reboot? I bought two droid X phones off ebay from diffrent sellers one for me and the other for my wife. Well mine is Rebooting about 3 times a day on its own? I was just playing Angry Birds and about 10 mins into it the phone just rebooted. I do have insurance but before i go that far could it be a software problem, or is the phone on its way out? thanks

I would try uninstalling as much as you can. The reboots could be a clash with an installed app. You might want to do a factory reset and see if that stops the reboots. If not, then you might have a bad phone.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones