• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Random Shut Downs

dmodert66

Android Expert
I'm pretty sure I've seen this here before, but I was wondering if anyone found a fix yet or if I have to swap my phone.

I had a perfect Nexus until I crunched it (broken screen and PCB). Paid the $100 for the insurance and got my replacement on Monday, however I am getting random shut downs. This seems to occur when waking the phone with the power button.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this here before, but I was wondering if anyone found a fix yet or if I have to swap my phone.

I had a perfect Nexus until I crunched it (broken screen and PCB). Paid the $100 for the insurance and got my replacement on Monday, however I am getting random shut downs. This seems to occur when waking the phone with the power button.

Although random reboots still happen, I've noticed far less with the 4.0.4 update.

From your post it could be assumed you are not rooted, however, if you are I have experienced that same thing but only when I was running certain ROM/kernel combinations.

I like viebroccoli idea if you are running stock. Make sure you are on 4.0.4 with the latest radios.

Back
Top Bottom