• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant about tmobile

Tslide91

Android Enthusiast
Jul 9, 2010
Northeast u.s.
I live in a town with 46,000 people. We have 5 tmobile stores in this town alone.

So why is it im still stuck on EDGE? It's getting old - having to use wifi all the - to the point where im about to turn off the internet on my phone. $30 a month for a service that takes over 30 seconds to load any normal website? Forget downloading anything, my battery would probably die before its done. Not really. But it's ****ing slow.

So what should I do? Call and complain? Call as a bunch of different people and complain? Or just not care that I have a useless $450 phone unless im on wifi?

I live in a town with 46,000 people. We have 5 tmobile stores in this town alone.

So why is it im still stuck on EDGE? It's getting old - having to use wifi all the - to the point where im about to turn off the internet on my phone. $30 a month for a service that takes over 30 seconds to load any normal website? Forget downloading anything, my battery would probably die before its done. Not really. But it's ****ing slow.

So what should I do? Call and complain? Call as a bunch of different people and complain? Or just not care that I have a useless $450 phone unless im on wifi?

Bolded the part you should keep in mind. I lose 3g and drop to edge all the time...sure edge is slow(somehow slower than it was before 3g) but works fine for calls/texting/using the crap downloaded from the market

Upvote 0
is this around town or in your house that it does this? I have 4g in my city but when im in my house it goes to edge, and sometimes GPRS. Its going to happen. You may need to have your sim card changed out if its been a while too. I would either get a carrier that has better service or just see about getting it fixed. I just switched to tmo from verizon and i have had no problems so far.

Upvote 0
Well I get 3g and 4g just fine in columbus. But in my town, just edge.

I get full reception at my house and all over town. Its not the actual speed that bothers me, but the fact that tmobile cant give us 3g. Im tired of not even being able to watch youtube videos on my phone unless im on wifi.

I really dont want to change carriers, others are more expensive and I like tmobiles android phones.

Eh, oh well. Most places I go have wifi, so I guess it doesnt matter. But it seems like a waste of $360 bucks a year. And it would cost that to cancel my contract.

But see, I have great coverage and always have, but when 3g/4g came out, they said no for my town.

Upvote 0
With a population of 46,000 you're unfortunately going to be stuck pretty near the bottom of the priority list. I live in a town of roughly that size and technically it has no TMobile cell towers in it at all. Luckily the adjoining town which has a population of double mine has 3 towers so we're fully covered by their signal. Getting 3G is still iffy at best though and I'm under no illusion that it'll change any time soon. On the bright side living in a town this small means that any time I want to do anything I'm not doing it locally anyway, and everywhere else has pretty good coverage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones