• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Razor M Flashing Info

I just got a Droid Razr M can someone tell me how to flash it step by step.. I have tried ALOT of different ways but nothing is working.

sys ver 98.16.3.xt907.verizon.en.us
android ver 4.1.2
Build # 9.8.1q-7.1

I want to put it on Verizon PREPAID service... OR straight talk service if possible. Thanks

For Straight Talk, buy the ST CDMA kit and follow the directions. It's that simple. Assuming that the phone wasn't used on a Verizon prepaid plan or is an LTE phone (Verizon won't activate if either is true).

For Straight Talk, buy the ST CDMA kit and follow the directions. It's that simple. Assuming that the phone wasn't used on a Verizon prepaid plan or is an LTE phone (Verizon won't activate if either is true).

Yes this is the Motorola Razr M and it is 4G LTE, so can it still be used on straight talk? and if so how?

Sorry for the tardy reply and sorry that the previous poster didn't know enough about your phone.

I did find a guide that _might_ allow you to use your device on Page Plus which is a prepaid service that uses VZW service. It is pretty complicated and I should note that I haven't, nor do I see the need to use it myself. But guides like this have been posted over at HoFo for a long time and are reliable if yoy read and follow them carefully enough.

It will require that you can root your device and unfortunately for me, I have not quite figured out the cryptic build numbers to help you in that regard. All I know in that regard is that I bought one of these used on eBay and was lucky enough to have the earliest 4.1.2 version on it that allowed me to easily root it and then unlock the bootloader forever.

So, without further ado, here is the link:

HOWTO: Droid RAZR M/HD/MAXX HD with JellyBean on PagePlus - VOICE/SMS/MMS/3G WORKING

I wish you the best of luck.

I have a Razr M on Straight Talk AT&T 4G LTE plan. I read in XDA forums how to use Radiocomm to unlock US radio service. I was easy. Straight Talk Verizon will not let the Razr M on their plan. I read of msm not working on Straight Talk T-Mobile plan. So far the only trouble we have noticed is my wife could not send a text. Her phone was set to auto connect to wifi. Once she signed to the wifi at work it would connect while in range of the wifi. Just unchecked auto connect and it worked great. Razr M will not have 4G LTE just H+. Here in Denver,N.C. it is fast. I'm really happy with my phone and would recommend this to anyone. This all started for me when I read about Verizon Global Ready phones with unlocked GSM sims. The Nokia Global Ready, from what I read, will work with no modification at all.

Back
Top Bottom