• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Razr m wont boot past custom cwm recovery

bacu12

Lurker
Hello, I have a razr m that wont go past CWM 6.0.4.8. It will boot into boot loader and menu. It does all of this but it wont boot into android. I have tried adb but it wont recognize it. Even though the computer shows adb device connected. All I did was unlock bootloader and then used the app flashify to flash cwm and now it wont boot into android. Any ideas? Thanks Bacu12

Welcome to Android Forums.

This thread was moved to the sub-forum where root-related questions about this phone are discussed.

... Thom

Hello, I have a razr m that wont go past CWM 6.0.4.8. It will boot into boot loader and menu. It does all of this but it wont boot into android. I have tried adb but it wont recognize it. Even though the computer shows adb device connected. All I did was unlock bootloader and then used the app flashify to flash cwm and now it wont boot into android. Any ideas? Thanks Bacu12

Welcome to the site :hello:

The latest official CWM Recovery for the Razr M is 6.0.4.4. Where did you get yours? Are you sure it is/was for your exact phone model? Try going to this site here:

ClockworkMod ROM Manager - Recoveries

Scroll down to Motorola Draid Razr M, download it from there. Then boot your phone into bootloader mode, place the recovery .img file in the same folder on your pc as the fastboot command, plug your phone into your pc and issue this command:

Code:
fastboot flash recovery [name of recovery].img

See if that fixes you up.

good luck

Hello, I got my phone to flash TWRP recovery and Pac Man Rom. I have two problems. One my wifi will not connect it is always obtaining Ip address or authenticating. And two everytime i reboot my phone it goes to fastboot and says flash failure. Then I have to hold the 3 buttons to bring up the boot menu. and from there it will boot normally. Thanks Bacu12

Well, I suppose I have basically the same questions. where did you get the TWRP recovery for your phone? Are you sure it is the exact one for your model?

Back
Top Bottom