• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Re calibrate keyboard

814 htc evo

Android Enthusiast
Is there any way to re calibrate the keyboard touch points on the samsung gsIII because as of earlier today when I am typing a message my delete key wants to put the letter L in instead of deleting..and I have cleaned my screen I have restarted my device and it works when it wants to and iv never had this problem before nor have I dropped my device so im not sure why all of a sudden this is happening!?

I've never actually seen an s3 calibration go astray, that been said I don't think there is any solution on the phone it's self. You can how-ever reset your settings back to factory, or reinstall the OS via KIES :D

There is also third party apps that claim to solve these issues, But none have I deemed any good :D

I will mail you/Repost on here If I find anything out for you :D

~~Randy~~

I searched for the standard calibration but was unable to find that without factory resetting my device :-(

My daughter had the same issue. Turned out it was the bling case she had on it. Try removing the case if you have one on and see if it helps.

I dont have the option to clear the cache either and I dont have a screen protector or a case on mine I can only clear the data

I couldn't find the original Samsung keyboard app but I did find one that is close enough. Dl'd and all is fine at the moment.

Ugh, I am tryping in a text and my backspace isnt working keeps going to the L. I dont know how to calibrate my phone. I have the samsung gal s3 is there a way to fix this without buying a new phone??? Please help so annoying. :(

have you tried clearing the keyboard app's cache in Application Manager like someone said?
dont worry, you dont need a new phone lol theres loads of keyboards u can try :)

go to your settings, language and input, the Samsung keyboard title will be dark but click the settings gear next to it, then reset settings at the bottom. so far Houston, we have liftoff!

I read somewhere that from ICS and on that there isn't a need to recalibrate the keyboard, which is why it's not included

Back
Top Bottom