• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Re-installing apps after data wipe

So I want to try out one of the new ROMs that have been released over the last few weeks, but I was wondering if there was any way to restore my apps after flashing without having to re-download them. So far I've been using Titanium Backup and ROM ToolBox, but there have been occasional hangups with both and I want to start completely fresh anyways.

I was specifically wondering if there was any way I could get the APKs from my phone directly to my PC, and then only re-download RTB and use file manager to restore them (as opposed to using backups). I'm trying to avoid having to download the apps all over again, since my only web access is through my phone and I only have a 4gb data plan.

Thanks for the help!

I use ant tek app manager, and you can backup whatever app you wish and it allows you to reinstall the app but without the data associated with the app. In the main menu of the app theres a box on the lower right side called "apk's" and select that. It will bring up all of your backed up apps and there ya go.

I use ant tek app manager, and you can backup whatever app you wish and it allows you to reinstall the app but without the data associated with the app. In the main menu of the app theres a box on the lower right side called "apk's" and select that. It will bring up all of your backed up apps and there ya go.
in TiBu you can restore without data.... just saying...

True I did overlook that. However for some reason which I think I spoke to you in irc about, tib when I was using it last was wiping my imei so I've been starting away from it.
theres no way TiBu could wipe the IMEI its on a seperate chip... Personally I will never understand why LG doesn't just put the IMEI crap on a WO/RM Chip... It'd probably fix the IMEI wipe issues when flashing with LGNPST from emergency mode

While reinstalling I would get message saying something to the effect of tib has detected a change in your device's imei do you wish to continue?

Back
Top Bottom