• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ready to Root. Advice?

Papamalo

Android Enthusiast
Ready to root this phone.
Been a while since I used ODIN panel, so I thought I'd see what the latest info was.
My phone is an AT&T Galaxy S7 Edge variant. SM G935A

Questions.
1: Will it get rid of the AT&T bootup logo and sound?
2: Will it get rid of the Security Notice "Unauthorized actions have been detected" messages?
3: Will it make the phone work with other carriers such as MetroPCS?

Thanks!

Been a while since I used ODIN panel, so I thought I'd see what the latest info was.

Questions.
2: Will it get rid of the Security Notice "Unauthorized actions have been detected" messages?

Thanks!
1. More than likely yes, by altering your build.prop (just be sure to backup and/or rename the existing file..dangerous things can happen if done incorrectly :o )
2. mmm, not sure.
3. I doubt it, but don't quote me :) I think the radio's cannot be changed even with root.

1. You should be able to when rooted.

2. That sounds like it's already been modified in some way, like maybe a root attempt was already done?

3. AFAIK nope. You probably need to get the unlock code from the original carrier(AT&T).

Should note this is a US carrier Qualcomm Snapdragon variant. Most rooting info I've seen for S7 is for international Exynos(F and FD) variants.

Last edited:

Questions.

Thanks!
any time you are thinking about rooting or doing research about root, head on over to xda developers find your phone and see if there is a root section and just read away. if your phone can be rooted you will find your answer there.

at the moment you do not have root yet. i see everything except for the SM G935A and the rooting process can be device specific.....so be careful installing something not intended for your phone can brick it.

Basically for now I just want to get rid of the Security Notice "Unauthorized actions have been detected" messages.
Is this what would require the unlock code?
Thanks you guys.

there is no code to unlock, unlike some of the previous root methods from the past. i think htc still allows a way to unlock their phones via a code, but i'm not sure anymore.

samsung is one of the few phones who have a pretty tight security around their bootloader in the form of Knox. only a few models have been able to find an exploit to root the device. if you want to root next time pick a different phone.....LOL

Basically for now I just want to get rid of the Security Notice "Unauthorized actions have been detected" messages.
Thanks you guys.

now i found this thread:
Solved "Unauthorized Actions Have Been Detected"
you might have an app that is causing the issue, but to be sure put the phone in safe mode and see it the error still persists. if it does then boot back into normal mode and start uninstalling apps until it goes away.

Thanks you guys.
Oh.. Easy fix, I think. Basically, it looks like "Knox" has been tripped. Just DL the EXACT same or newer stock FW from sammobile.com that's specific to your device and install via ODIN (PC needed for this). I believe that'll clear up anything unrelated to hardware defects, even Knox being tripped. @Jfalls63 might possibly have more details to assist, he's well versed in Samsung devices and methods

That's weird. I booted into safe mode just to check and I noticed that in safe mode, or even out of safe mode, there is NO option to "uninstall" ANYTHING.
There is only "Force stop" or "Disable/Enable" but no Uninstall for an app.
I just downloaded Odin and am nervously looking into the flashing method. Thanks!

I downloaded Odin3_v3.13.1, and am looking at recommendations from XDA-D about which TWRP, Recovery and to flash the phone with. Unless JFalls can give me some tips.
Thanks again.
And is what ocnbrze said above, (That there is no root for my Variant SM G935A) correct?
Thanks again you all.

Oh.. Easy fix, I think. Basically, it looks like "Knox" has been tripped. Just DL the EXACT same or newer stock FW from sammobile.com that's specific to your device and install via ODIN (PC needed for this). I believe that'll clear up anything unrelated to hardware defects, even Knox being tripped. @Jfalls63 might possibly have more details to assist, he's well versed in Samsung devices and methods
Whoah. It looks like ocnbrze was right. I went to https://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/ and there was no firmware for SM-G935A variant.
What now?

When Knox is tripped, there is no resetting the E Fuse. Flashing stock firmware won't fix it either.
Haven't played with a Samsung since the S5 and AT&T is famous for locking their bootloader up tight and not releasing their firmware.
If anything can be done with the phone, the information will be at XDA. Do lots of research before you attempt anything.
Sorry couldn't be more helpful.

1. Rooting won't get rid of that as rooting only changes the kernel or recovery and that start-up message is in the firmware. However rooting and installing a custom firmware after would.

2. I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that. I've had similar emails from gmail though so if it's from them just change your password.

3. No it won't allow your phone to work on any network. Rooting is different to carrier unlock. To unlock your phone to any network you'd need to get the unlock code from your carrier but I'm not sure any other US carriers use the same frequencies as at@t. It's probably not as beneficial as in Europe where all carriers use the same bands.

Hi!
I looked it up on site and there is no firmware download for my variant SM-G935A
Shucks!

Back
Top Bottom