• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reboot Loop (no bootloader?)

MikeDB

Lurker
Galaxy Tab 2 10.1. After an unknown update awhile back (my wife's tablet, but she thinks it was a system update), the tab appeared dead. Cracking the case let me verify the battery had a full charge. Connecting it to a PC showed me it seems to be trying to boot (OMAP 4430 driver request) but fails and reboots. This loop has a period of about 2 seconds or so, making me suspect the bootloader or boot chain is corrupt.

Screen never comes on, so no logo or icons are ever seen.
I have yet to make it shut down except for running the battery dead.
vUP+Pwr, once finally off, starts the loop again once I let go.
vDwn+Pwr does the same.

Thanks,

Go to sammobile downloadthe latest version for tab (uses model no.) and install with odin theres plenty of tutorials about on google

I think long press and hold on powershould turn it off but ifnot might need to let it go flat

Im running cm10 its better than samsung anyway the last update was awful again instruction are on google..

About to give it a try but I'm thinking it won't work since I can't get it to boot into ODIN mode either.

Hold on power SHOULD shut it down, but I've yet to have any luck doing so.

Needs to be unplugged if its nkt.. But long press power should turn it off i thinks it did for me.. It is annoying you cant get to tbe batteries on tbese new tablets

Long press either doesn't turn it off or holding it down too long turns it back on. It's hard to tell when the only indicator is Windows' device manager popups.

Unplugging the battery doesn't help since it turns back on if it was on when it last had power.

It's amazing how many days this thing can bootloop on no more charge than it can get from being plugged into the pc for 30 minutes...

Back
Top Bottom