• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Reboot To Black Screen

PLEASE help!
I was attempting to root my phone using Kingo Root One Touch (w/ Magisk) and everything was sucessful, but then I attempted to update Magisk, and now the device keeps booting to a black screen. The ZTE logo pops up for about 3 seconds then the screen goes black and the home button is still lit. I can get it to load the bootloader or FTM mode, but that's it.
I have no idea what I did or how to fix it.

ok going forward, if you root a phone.....your very next step would be to install a custom recovery. once you have a custom recovery you next step is to make a nandroid backup. this is a backup of your entire phone including its data. this way if something goes wrong or if you make changes and do not like it, you can always go back. its almost like a save point in a video game.

you might need to flash a firmware update to get your phone back.

Reactions: Carmine Sable
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones