• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

received a software update from tmobile

Anyone know what the software update did?
How is this update being rolled out?

My girlfriend got it 4 days ago and I still have not received it. My IMEI number is lower than hers so I don't think that is it and our phone numbers are close.

Oh well with all of the issues people are reporting with it (my girlfriend not being one) I don't know that I want the update.

1) new Google Books e-reader app

2) Mobile On/Off toggle REMOVED from Power button

3) Optical joystick can now be disabled (from Accessibility Settings)

4) "bug fixes" - T-Mobile/Samsung is not saying exactly what these are.

Number 1-3 is from user experiences on other forums (and myself). T-Mobile/Samsung would NOT confirm what changes were included or why.

every night another group of Sidekick users get the update until all have it. be patient, yours will come soon.

Well it's been 8 days since the update was released and I have yet to receive it. From the looks of it though I don't want it.

Was this update pulled due to bugs? I still have not received it via OTA and when I tried to update via KIES (like customer care instructed) it said I had the latest firmware. I am on T839UVKD1.

Was this update pulled due to bugs? I still have not received it via OTA and when I tried to update via KIES (like customer care instructed) it said I had the latest firmware. I am on T839UVKD1.

I don't know but I had to reset my phone after it! The messaging program would freeze and bump me from writing a message back into the list of messages I had. My desktop icons were disappearing a lot and I would have to lock/unlock the phone again and again just to get it to work. Not a fan of the update. Anyone else having troubles?

Yeah I finally got the update and I must say it has made this the worst experience with a phone I have ever had and that includes a G1, G2, Nexus S, Mytouch 3G Slide, and even a Behold II.

Never had a phone freeze up EVERY time I use it.

I know for sure they fixed this error thing to where when you replied to a message through the top notification bar, the message icon would still be there and you had a "! Unknown" in the spotwhere it says the date. That's kind of a major one

Back
Top Bottom