• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Receiving double text messages due to recent update

The recent update (couple months ago) for Android Jellybean for the Kyocera Hydro has resulted in me getting double text messages from my friends. I have Go SMS Pro and the already installed messaging showing these annoying double messages. I've tried turning off my phone, taking out the battery, uninstalling go sms pro, almost everything. For Go sms pro, i have a contact in my private box and i don't get double messages from him but i do receive the doubled message in my inbox. (if you understand what i'm saying: I get double messages from him but one appears in the private box and the other appears in the inbox, so i get double notifications) It's really frustrating, please help, what should i do?

Forementioned is prerequisite for those who are under the false impression new is better its not.If you update your fw manually this will ensue and equivalent is apparent on the rise.Initial thread wise there is nothing you can do as this problem is embedded in the fw itself not phone or anything else.Given cwm and actually knowing what your doing you could downgrade but as of right now dont try this or you will hard brick

Back
Top Bottom