• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recieving picture mail texts???

I get the same problem but have a trick that those who are rooted can use.

Whenever i make any major changes on my phone i will delete all previous text messages and make a nandroid backup. When i encounter the MMS download problem i simply restore that nandroid backup and i am back up and running in a matter of minutes without having to download all apps, sync contact, etc.

hope this helps.

Upvote 0
I have a similar issue, but it's way weird.

I get the popup that say i have a new MMS message, and when I click download, everything disappears. No messages, nothing. When I go into their thread using either handcent or the original messages app, the message isn't there either... I'm always connected to the internet as I'm always receiving emails to my phone for work.

Has anyone had the same issue?
Or possibly know any resolution? I have to get online via pictures.sprint.com to see my messages...

Upvote 0
i've got the same problem, which i posted in a previous thread.

I've tried with wireless on/off, with network on/off, with handcent, with stock app...still nothing

Hey I have the HTC evo and i was having the same problem called Sprint was on the line for an hour and they couldn't do nothing. Well I kept missing with it I turn off my WiFi, turned my phone off took the battery and now I get them maybe this might work for you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones