• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery issuse

LightShowJerk

OK so when I back up my ROM its backsup normally but when I try to restore the rom its normal until it finishes with no .android_secure or something like that and I go through a boot loop when I boot my phone up

You might be running out of space on the sd card so when you're making a backup there's not enough room to make a complete backup, it's happened to me before. Or maybe you just got a bad nandroid, try making another backup and see if that helps.

Then maybe your internal is full..
There has to be so much free space (not sure exactly how much) for the os to run properly, or else it'll start acting all wack.

when i do a nandroid to the internal it never seems to work right. so that maybe your problem.

maybe cause on my other phones it would save it to the external automatically with no problem and restore and reboot with no problem

Im gonna make sure I have atleast a gig on both next time...thanks thooo

Depending on what you have on the Rom you're backing up it could be bigger than 1gig. My samurai backup is a lil over 2gig I believe..

Unless you mean that you leave a gig open after having a nandroid.

And yes the loki'd cwm that GT and PG have available for use both work out of external only. I believe only the 2nd int (temporary recovery) let's you backup to internal.

You need the leave at least 2gig for a nandroid and an additional 1gig free for the os to run smooth if you're using internal storage for backups, and with under 4gig of internal that's gonna be difficult. My advice get a bigger sd card and keep you're nandroid/s stored there.

Back
Top Bottom