• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Recovery mode Problems

rishi12

Lurker
Hi everybody,
I want to update my micromax a60 phone from 2.1 to 2.2, i have rooted my phone & using Rom manager. It shows massage that Rom is not set up to receive OTA updates, I tried to update it monaurally but the phone doesn't start in recovery / bootloader mode it hangs with the logo screen & i needs to remove the battery to start it again, I tried all key combinations but nothing has worked so far.

I would like to pursue this thread further... can a micromax andro a60 enter into recovery mode? i have this phone... pretty happy with the android for the price i paid : Rs.6800/- I would like to play around and see if i can upgrade this phone. Micromax said it cannot be upgraded but still i cant loose on it... i need to try it out for my sake... any help on getting this phone into recovery would help... Thanks in advance...

Well i got this phone rooted... You can do it with UniversalAndroot_1.5.3.apk

Attachments

maybe you'll can persue people at xda-developers to build a 2.2 rom for the micromax a60. But unfortunally it's not a very popular phone in the world so it may be difficult to find people who are willing to spend time on this.

Just had to hard-reset my a60 cause of and adw.launcher failure. I was horrofied I may have to reflash as is searched for a possibility to enter recovery mode and couldn't find any.

But through trying the obvious I found it out: Just hold the home key while starting the phone and the mobile will boot into recovery mode.

it is need as many of us ( Indian Members) need upgrade.
I also tried booting it in recovery mode by some softwares but no success.

Well i also got BusyBox Installed... All i need is to get this phone to go into recovery mode... Any help there? When we start the phone in recovery mode with any PC based or android apps, it sticks at micromax logo. ADB Shell doesnt detect it too... Now can i get this phone to start into recovery? Also holding the home key while starting it up doesn't help, sticks on tht micromax logo...

going to recovery mode is to easy

restart the phone
or
simply switch it on

when it shows us the micromax logo

press home and switch off button
untill the recovery mode is not started
and when recovery window starts it will show u the option

This phone was going into recovery few days back by following the procedure (pressing home and on key and after that exclamation mark hitting the call button) but now it gets stuck up at micromax log screen...even doesnot boot ..i need to rem the battery and restart it to successfully boot the device . please help :confused:

Hi everybody,
I want to update my micromax a60 phone from 2.1 to 2.2, i have rooted my phone & using Rom manager. It shows massage that Rom is not set up to receive OTA updates, I tried to update it monaurally but the phone doesn't start in recovery / bootloader mode it hangs with the logo screen & i needs to remove the battery to start it again, I tried all key combinations but nothing has worked so far.
can someone help me.............

Back
Top Bottom