• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Red light where proximity sensor should be

So I got this phone a couple of months ago and I've been loving it. Last night I noticed something strange though. I was under my blanket when I got a message on google hangouts and when I opened the thread conversation I noticed a faint red light that I'd never seen before. When I hit back to view all my conversations list it was gone but as soon as I opened any conversation thread it would turn back on. I force closed the app, restarted the phone, updated the app (which made it completely unusable since it would just keep forceclosing as soon as I opened it), installed older versions but whenever I'd open a conversation on hangouts the light would go on again. Restarted the phone again this morning and I thought it was gone but when I went into a dark room, it was there. I'm not sure if it's always been there and I've just never noticed it but I've always been using the phone at night and this is the first time I've seen it. So far I've only seen it happen with the hangouts app and I know for sure it's not the LED because I've plugged the phone in and the red light shows up right beside the charging LED. I just wanted to know if this just happens to my phone or if anyone else has this problem.

I think it's the light sensor. You can only see it when it's pitch black. Maybe it was only in use while you were using the conversations in hangouts? In any case, I don't think it's a defect or problem with your phone.

Back
Top Bottom