• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help red lights not working

billy whizz

hi - just got a htc desire one x plus brand new, the "back" , "home" and the other button should remain lit up red. but seem to have a mind of their own..i cant see theses button as they dont light up red when in low light or dark room..is there a setting for them or something ?..sometimes the light up and sometimes the dont..any help please ta..

hi - just got a htc desire one x plus brand new, the "back" , "home" and the other button should remain lit up red. but seem to have a mind of their own..i cant see theses button as they dont light up red when in low light or dark room..is there a setting for them or something ?..sometimes the light up and sometimes the dont..any help please ta..

Hello Billy. I don't have that device (perhaps somebody here where you've posted will chime in), but can offer you the User Guide:

HTC One X+ (plus) User Manual | BoeBoer

(scroll to the bottom for your version ;))

Hi.
Sorry for the late response. Am just seeing this now. Anyway, by now, you've probably discovered that those lights aren't supposed to stay lit 24/7. They remain lit for a little while after you use them, but not all the time. This behavior is normal. Similar thing on the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Hello again.
Am just going back & re-reading your original post... In it, you say that you "just got a htc desire one x plus"... I thought it might be useful to point out that while the Desire X & One X+ do bear some design similarities, they are actually 2 different devices: Different processors, different amounts of RAM, different cameras, etc. I'm thinking maybe you got a Desire X? In any case, I think my original response still stands: Those lights on the Back, Home & Multitask buttons do not stay lit 24/7. They light up for a little bit after use, but then turn off. Do yours not light up when you're using them?

its a htc desire one x plus...and the red lights do this apparently, light up in dark conditions but remain off when its normal light...

Not to be contrary, but I assure you, you DO NOT have an HTC Desire One X Plus, as that simply does not exist. The HTC Desire series & the HTC One series are 2 different product lines entirely. Don't take MY word for it: Google "HTC Desire One X Plus". Nothing comes up (Actually, there IS one site which displays an "HTC Desire One X Plus", but it is inappropriately labeled, as what they are selling is actually an HTC One X+, International Version: MOX: online shopping for him and her. Adventure, Travel, Fashion, Gadgets & beyond | HTC Desire One X Plus ). Go to HTC's website, and see if you can find any mention of an HTC Desire One X Plus. Nothing comes up. You have one of the following:

• an HTC Desire: HTC Desire - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (I'm guessing No, though)
• an HTC Desire X: HTC Desire X review: one last hurrah for a former flagship? (Possible)
• an HTC One X: HTC One X Overview - HTC Smartphones (also possible)
• an HTC One X+ (sounds like the International version, as the lights at the bottom of yours are red): HTC One X+ review: it's the One X, and then some (video) (most likely)

Revised opinion: I actually think you have an HTC One X+, International Version. Your mention of the red lights indicates this. And you've not done badly, because it's a great phone. As for when the lights activate, I can only speak of my own experience with a One X+ (I own one), and in my experience, they do not come on/stay on in low light conditions. They come on when used, and stay on for a bit, but then turn themselves off (presumably to save battery life). I've not seen them behave otherwise. If there is a way for them to activate based on light conditions, I'm not aware of it.

Hope this helps. If you need manuals, I've got them, in pdf format. But they're for the American LTE version (AT&T). Just let me know. I'd be happy to send them to you.

Best of luck.
~Hjortron

Back
Top Bottom