• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Remote app access

WhyMyAlly

Dec 31, 2010
Does google and verizon have access to my app storage on velocity 1.2? Im wondering if they can go in and find certain apps (such as wireless tether and superuser access) and be able to control and or remove such apps or force the phone into "downloading do not unplug...) screen? Is there such a way to block or prevent the service provider from gaining access or maybe by fooling the system into thinking the phone is running a certain brand of software and block checking for tether and superuser access. I would believe that android being a free opensource operating system, that you do have a right to run whatever version without harm to the device and be ok'd by a software developer community? I would find that the movement of software development should be recognized and especially those that give their time and brainpower to create better tools for just about any compatible hardware(being able to make the ally a better phone) and thus increase sales for said device?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones