• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remote Wave

Jdiulus

Jan 11, 2010
Whats up everyone I am curious to see if anyone else out here has experienced this issue:

At Work we have a TOL Voicemail Server. We do not have an exchange server for email we are using google apps for our email. Anyhow when I had a blackberry it was set up to receive my voicemails from work to my email using IMAP.

When I switched my phone to the android it stopped working. It would not let me play the voicemail attachment. I downloaded a new media player for my Eris and it didnt help. After digging around for a while I found an application called "Remote Wave" which enable me to play Wave GSM 6.10 files. Which is the default wave file that my voicemail uses.

The end result is I got it to work and I can now open up the attachment from my email and play it using this Remote Wave App. But Remote Wave is a very basic app. It really is a very basic app. It does not allow you to rewind,fast forward, pause, etc.....

Has anyone out there had to deal with anyting like this and if so what was your work around?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones