• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

remove work/personal sections

Hi all -

This isn't exactly a development question, but I couldn't find a more appropriate forum.

Somehow, in my setup of my Galaxy Tab A, I ended up with two sections to the main display: Personal and Work. I don't need this separation, and I find it inconvenient. Can someone please tell me how I can remove this feature?

Thanks...

Can you post a screen shot of your screen?

I don't remember all the setup steps, but I do have a few Google apps installed.

Attachments

• IMG_1039.png
    IMG_1039.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 55
Upvote 0
Screenshot_20221207-183048.png
OK, so your home screen is controlled by the "launcher"... Which shows you your app icons.
You can long press on each and drag to the trash or delete from the home screen as you wish. If you swipe up, down or sideways you can see all of your app icons in the app drawer, where you can long press on one, and drag onto your home screen.
You can even install a different launcher from the play store, such as Nova launcher, which is what I use, and you can install totally different icons for your apps. Here's my screen...

Upvote 0
That really depends on what caused this setup in the first place.

Do you have any work accounts added to the tablet? Anything that might be "enterprise managed"?

Have you installed any apps like Island or Shelter to create multiple app profiles?

At the very least, what apps show up in the work profile?

Upvote 0
When the work profile is active, there is a different set of data for each system app.

When you delete the work profile all this data will be gone.

What this means to you is that any system app that you used while the work profile was used will be missing any data from while the device was used in work mode.

A system app may be any app that was installed on the device from the factory.

I just wanted to bring this up so there are no surprises.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Hi all -

This isn't exactly a development question, but I couldn't find a more appropriate forum.

Somehow, in my setup of my Galaxy Tab A, I ended up with two sections to the main display: Personal and Work. I don't need this separation, and I find it inconvenient. Can someone please tell me how I can remove this feature?

Thanks...
Should be under Settings, then Accounts, or could be System or Security. Might vary on version.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones