• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

removed from wireless charging unlock and screen on

derjuden

Lurker
Just got a wireless charger, and I want the phone to wake up and unlock when I pick it up. I notice there is a state change from wireless power, but I'm not seeing how I can get the screen to come up and the phone to be unlocked.

Yeah I am rooted and have secure settings. I'm running 4.2 on a Nexus 4 as well. Still tinkering with it. I'll post the solution if I figure it out.

I'm very new to tasker so I could be missing something simple. Here is what I have so far. I don't have my wireless charger on me so I'm just using USB power to test it. Also I decided to remove the keyguard as well.

State --> wireless (USB for testing) charge inverts for the profile. Task secure setting --> keyguard off run in background. Second task Secure settings --> Wake 2 minutes.

Unfortunately the keyguard is not working, and I'm not sure if the wake is working because by default unplugging the device from USB wakes it.

In your "wake device" action, make sure you have it set to "screen bright/dim" if you don't have a physical keyboard on your phone. Took me a little while to figure that one out.
Try leaving "run in background" checked off as well.

Looks like the screen +keyboard option for wake, I was using was the problem. Thanks for that feedback. Also the keyguard worked running in background or not. I added a exit task to put the keyguard back on when its plugged back in or put back on the charger. I'll probably changed that around a bit.

Now I just need to figure out how to keep it charging overnight on the wireless pad.

Back
Top Bottom