• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing Samsung Mobile Bookmarks

shmn

Android Enthusiast
When using Chrome, "Samsung Mobile Bookmarks" would always be the default and it is full of crap and it can't be deleted or altered. More bloat shoved down our throats.

Anyway, I think I found the solution to removing it and I haven't had any issues yet. Go to Settings>More>Application Manager>All and disable com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks. Then restart the phone and those annoying bookmarks will go away.

I know this is a month old thread, but I only just recently got an S4. Disabling com.android.providers.partnerbookmarks eliminates the bookmarks in Chrome, but not the other built-in browser (the one with the globe icon, labeled "Internet"). The only reason I don't use Chrome exclusively is because I've found some sites that only render properly in the other browser.

Any thoughts on a similar solution?

That is strange. I don't have that issue. I wonder if it's because I have Verizon, or because I never used the other browser?

Back
Top Bottom