• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mods Removing stuff in the settings menu [Root only]

alpha2k

Android Expert
Nov 19, 2009
I've searched but since I really am horrible at searches I probably overlooked or missed some posts that may be concerning this already.....for that I appologize.

The short of it I have a rom that has 3minit baked into the rom, and I would like to remove it and just use the stock battery. That's all I want to do, I don't want to mod any part of the rom except for that part.

Further explination:

Phone is a sprint S4 sph-l720T.

The easier stuff is the better for me, so if we can keep this on lamens terms it'd be useful for me, so what I'm after is...

I am rooted, and have a TW rom, but I want to make it my own so ta speak and I won't be releasing this to anyone.....even then I will contact the original maker of the rom and get permission to do so and give credit where it is do...to the rom maker.
So I have deleted said apps in system/app and system/priv-app, all but what's stock. One thing though I cannot seem to get rid of is 3minit battery app. There is a 3minit settings apk and a 3minit updated apk.

I would like to get rid of 3minit because I really don't use any battery modding at all, I'm fine with stock. I have tried removing it from the system/priv-app folder but since it's baked in and the stock battery is not there (I'm guessing) I get a I think it was a systemui fc loop and the rom is unusable then. If I leave the 3minit apps in the rom works fine.

So, is there a way around this, perhaps files I need to edit and perhaps image files I need to grab and put in said folders?

Keep in mind I'm rather new to some of this stuff, although I have edited the quick panel icons of another rom I had once, but that's been so long ago I probably forgot some stuff.

I don't want to edit the entire rom, just this part, the rest of the rom is fine and working, I would just like to remove the 3minit mod stuff and use a stock battery icon.

Any help, and most of all patience would be grateful.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones