• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Removing system notifications

danipoak

Lurker
I finally took the plunge and rooted my epic. It is great now that I can delete all of the useless scheisse on the phone. Now what I would like to do it remove a couple of the system notifications that annoy me. The first one is the noise it makes whenever you move in and out of service. I am guessing the audio file for it is in /system/media/audio but after that I am not sure which file it is. Does anybody know what it is? And can I just delete the audio file or do I need to replace it with a blank audio file?

The second one is the battery full unplug charger BS. Is this one possible to remove? I thought I found once that if you are rooted you can but I cannot find anything on it at right now. Thanks for any help!

As far as specific files to delete, I'll leave that up to folks that are smarter then me:D. I will recommend using an app like Titanium Backup to freeze the apps or simply renaming them to bak (e.g. app.apk --> app.apk.bak). This will act just like deleting them, but if your phone goes haywire (they sometime do when you remove a file) you can rename it back and all is good. You should also do a nandroid backup (if you haven't already) in case you really mess something up.

Back
Top Bottom