• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rename "Computers" Section "Desktop & Laptop computers"?

Windroid

Android Enthusiast
Should the "Computers" section be renamed "Desktop & Laptop computers"? Tablet computers (including smartphones) are still computers, and this forum is about Android, an operating system for tablet computers.

sorry tablets are tablets and phones are phones. and yes though tablets can be considered computers, they belong with the android devices being that most tablets run android while most computers (laptops and desktops) run windows.

That's my point: Tablet computers are computers, but they're different from desktops and laptops.

plus the majority of tablets either run android or IOS.....and yes there is the surface tablets that run on windows. but each of those devices have a forum here. no need to lump them into one big category.

Your definition of computers encompasses too many different devices. No need to "lump" them into one massive thread.
Majority rules and I seriously doubt the mods are going to change anything.

You created this thread, did you not?

Rename "Computers" Section "Desktop & Laptop computers"?​

That's what we're talking about, to NOT lump these devices into 1 massive category.

You created this thread, did you not?

Rename "Computers" Section "Desktop & Laptop computers"?​

That's what we're talking about, to NOT lump these devices into 1 massive category.
My understanding is: The "Computers" section, as it currently stands, for desktops and laptops. It is not for tablets and smartphones. Am I mistaken?

Back
Top Bottom