• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacement Battery for SGV

MassPaul

All,

Just got my wife the LG Volt yesterday and I am taking her SGV just because I wanted to mess with it. She was having a lot of issues with the SGV from storage to battery life. So far, she is in love with the Volt.

Anyway, I successfully rooted the SGV yesterday and got rid of some bloatware (anyone have a list of all SGV bloatware that is safe to remove). Storage space is no longer an issue, but I am seeing a big issue where the phone will just die and shut down. If left in the charger, the phone will work fine. On inspection of the battery, it does appear that it is slightly "bloated". I has this issue before with a work issued Blackberry. A simple battery replacement solved everything.

Has anyone replaced their SGV battery? If so, can a factory, or 3rd party, battery be purchased at a Walmart, Best Buy, target, etc. (I am in the Northeast)? if not, what did you purchase and from where? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Also, a big shout out and thank you for all of the hard work people did putting the rooting guides together. Simply terrific!

The battery from the Victory is the same as the one in the S3 (except for the direction of the printing). One of the little bonuses I discovered after getting multiple replacement Victories, since Virgin Mobile has you keep the battery and charger :)

Back
Top Bottom