• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Replacing my "10"

markdoc

Android Expert
Jun 28, 2011
Suburb of New York City, NY, USA
I have been a die hard HTC fan for many years and 8 models. Started with the Thunderbolt and ending with the "10". I held on to my "10" until the problems made the phone difficult to use. The earphone sound was my main reason for hanging on. I finally decided to buy the LG V40 ThinQ. It had an earphone Jack, supposedly excellent sound and a 2 year warranty. Then Verizon had a sale for 50% off and that pushed me over the edge. I've had it for 5 days and I like it a lot. I've found that some of the issues that I thought were app problems, wound up being caused by my phone. Feedback in my doorbell camera, no spell correction in my email app, wiggling of the charging port, low volume levels and many others all disappeared when I switched phones. I don't mean to say the HTC was all bad. The earphone sound, despite all of LG's sound apps, is better on the HTC. LG only has 4 volume sliders which I'm still figuring out. There are lots of different settings to adjust, but I'm not sure if it's due to brand change or to using Android 8.1? Taking everything into consideration, I like my new phone and I'm sorry I held on to my "10" for so long. I'm not in love with my LG yet, but only time will tell.

The 10's earpiece sound is amongst the best I've ever used. Certainly better than my Pixel 2 or my daughter's S8.

My wife's one is still going strong, but she's a light user so I'm expecting it to outlast my Pixel even though it's 2 years older...

I couldn't agree more. I think it's the app that makes the sound so great. It gives you great sound even if the earphones aren't the best. Pair it with really good (not really expensive) earphones and it is amazing. Personally I used 1More Triple drivers and upgraded to the Quad Drivers when they were 50% off.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones