• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help replacing Sidekick. Questions from a less than observant user.

WhippyNom

About a year ago I had my fill of my Iphone. I switched to the Sidekick/Android platform, and have not missed the I-os at all one bit. I need a bit of advice as my Sidekick 4g has died.

Here is where I should have paid attention. Moving from an Iphone to the android I had NO sim card and NO SD card (Sim cards are different sizes).

As soon as I entered my Gmail account info, It populated my contact list with more people than I know....which IMHO was spectacular.

Now a few months later, my Sidekick has died. I moved over to a "Rugby Pro"....(My wife supplies me with my phones). I have been unable to find out how the sidekick knew my contacts and imported them, because the Rugby does not seem like it will import contacts at all.

Am I missing something? Because I NEVER EVER saved my contact list ANYWHERE. I assumed that it was saved somewhere, and I saved every new contact to my "Google contacts".

My Sidekick was unlocked and not with tmobile.

I guess my question is: How can I get to these contacts...where are they....what can I do to get them onto my new phone?

Also, I just purchased a Brand new Sidekick 4g....and am Waiting for it in the mail. However in the week + Id love to be able to use this Rugby PRO in the layover.

Many thanks in advance for any advise.

J

Back
Top Bottom