• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Request for thoughts, prayers, and donations

Fun is fun and we have a lot of threads for that.

NightAngel's situation is still extremely dire - let's please mind that for the topic.

Thanks. :eek:

Sorry.

I was just trying to take his mind off things and try maybe cheer him up in a clever and nice cheerful creative way.

I understand it is bad... I already know that well.

But if it going to cause World War 3 then it is best I just forget about it.

My apologies if I made any one sad or unhappy - that is never my intent ever for anything or any one.

I am sorry....

Take care.

Upvote 0
My wife and i will keep you in our prayers.
GOD BLESS.

Thank you. My family appreciates everything we can get.

We have a date for him to come home now.

Dec 30th Gary comes home. Remodel is almost done, it will be close but we are hopeful the house will be ready in time.

Planning on posting all the remodel pics on GiveForward site.

Gary did go on an outing Friday with hospital to Lexington mall.
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/w3d3/gary-chestnut-fund/updates/53855

Reactions: Gmash and badblue1
Upvote 0
just read your update!!:):) That is fantastic news!!! Coming home... Going out and especially some movement in his right arm!!! I know it may not seem like much..but it's huge!!!! he must be one tough determined young man...I'm sure you are both very proud!

We are!

Thank you so much btw.

Reactions: Member243850
Upvote 0
WOW that IS very good news he can move his right!!!!

That is VERY good news actuallY!!!!

:-D

THAT really made me smile!!!!

I am really sorry Nick... what a strong son... very impressive. :)

I don't mean to sound like a moron but how did you know he had movement in his right arm?

I am struggling to find it in this thread and the update. :(

But forget about that this news is AWESOME!!!!

That really made my day that!

My prayers and positive spirit towards your son. :)

This is very good news!

Don't push it though guys!!!

I don't know if it was right of me to say that? :(

I am worried I will upset some one again when I didn't mean to.

please let me know if there is a problem wit anything thank you.

This is great news this totally made my day.

I don't know if this is a private or inappropriate question but will he ever be able to walk ever again?

:(

I am sorry if this is inappropriate please do not hesitate to delete - don't want to hurt feelings.

I feel a bit scared I will post something stupid when I don't mean to so I sincerly apologize.

:-(

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
It's all good Stinky! No harm in asking.

The updates are posted on giveforward.com
https://www.giveforward.com/fundraiser/w3d3/gary-chestnut-fund

Chances are he will never walk again. Of course they also said he would never talk again, or eat through his mouth. But walking will be a TALL order.

For now we will be forever thankful if he can regain use of his hands and arms.

Upvote 0
Reactions: huh
Upvote 0
This is all I know how to do, post in Internet forums. This place is my home and You guys are my family

Gary stopped breathing, paramedics showed up and breathed for him. They got his heart beating after 40 minutes. They are not optimistic, it's been an hour since he suddenly said he didn't feel good and stopped breathing

We are at er

Please pray, thoughts... Anything....

this is about Gary

Upvote 0
This is all I know how to do, post in Internet forums. This place is my home and You guys are my family

Gary stopped breathing, paramedics showed up and breathed for him. They got his heart beating after 40 minutes. They are not optimistic, it's been an hour since he suddenly said he didn't feel good and stopped breathing

We are at er

Please pray, thoughts... Anything....

this is about Gary

I am so sorry...My thoughts are definitely with you and Gary and the rest of your family. Hang in there. Hoping for the best..

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone. On the fence about posting all this here, almost seems in bad taste. Sue me, lol (a little levity never hurts)

Thank God for clipboard, I typed this once and pasted it hundred times... This is everything we know

It took around an hour for them to revive him, which it way too long. He coded a second time after that. He's stable but completely unresponsive. Pupils fixed and dilated, which is also horrible news. It will be Wednesday before we need to make hard decisions. He may never wake up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones