• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [REQUEST] ICS ROM For The LG Vortex

Jared631

So There is a ROM For the LG Optimus One that's ICS and It works fine on It so Theoretically it should work on the LG Vortex in terms of hardware and that but, since there a bit different, and the build props don't allow it to be flashed, anyway I was wondering if anyone had one for this phone or a CM9 ROM for it, any help would be Great!

Agreed, maybe the guy that helped with CM7 can help here..

Exactly, what I thought, but he doest own this phone, he owns a simmilar phone, I have been working on a Tom based off the soiurce, but it had some issues. Sorry for my spelling I'm writing from my phone. :$

go to the optimus m all things root, they have a how to port roms guide
:)

Unfortunately:

This should work for all Roms (Except ICS-based ROM's) from the Lg Optimus T, V, S, and the LG Vortex.

But useful guide nonetheless if it works going from Optimus to Vortex. We'd just have to use the files listed for Vortex I guess

i might be able to port it for you, but i also need somethin, i need the .bin file from a vortex to unbrick one that i have. if you can get that from your working vortex..ill see what i can do bout porting that for you guys

This is the list of files to replace from that thread. If you don't think there are any compatibility issues between gingerbread and ICS I'll just go ahead and wait for you to let us know how it goes ;)

What to replace:
In the root directory of the zip file replace:
File:
boot.img

In /system/bin replace:
Files:
am
ami304d
bmgr
brcm_patchram_plus
hci_attach
fix_permissions
ime
input
monkey
pm
port-bridge
rild
servicemanager
vold

In /system/etc replace:
Folders:
bluetooth
dhcpd
firmware
permissions
ppp
wifi
wl
Files:
apns-conf.xml
dbus.conf
gps.conf
hosts
media-profiles.xml
resolv.conf
vold.fstab

In /system/lib replace:
Folders:
modules
hw
egl
Files:
libauth.so
libcm.so
libbluedroid.so
libbluetooth.so
libbluetoothd.so
libcamera.so
libcameraservice.so
libdiag.so
libdbus.so
libdss.so
libdsm.so
libdll.so
libgsl.so
libgstk_exp.so
libmiscta.so
libmmgsdilib.so
libmmipl.so
libmmjpeg.so
liblog.so
libnv.so
liboem_rapi.so
liboemcamera.so
libhardware_legacy.so
liboncrpc.so
libpbmlib.so
libqmi.so
libqueue.so
libril.so
libril-qc-1.so
libsensorservice.so
libwebcore.so
libwms.so
libwmsts.so

In /system/usr I replaced:
Folders:
keychars
keylayout

In /system/xbin I replaced:
Files:
hcitool
hcidump
hciconfig

And finally, in /system replace:
File:
build.prop

There is a build of ICS for the optimus V that will boot but has no connection to network and a few other glitches but it boots up and loads decently.

[ROM][ALPHA] quattrimus CM9 (ICS) - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Do you know anything about modifying linux kernel modules? It's prolly missing the proper drivers for the radios in the device. Does the touchscreen work and basic functions or is it pretty much unusable? The wifi might be easy to get working. This Sounds like a good candidate to start with. I haven't tried it for myself yet.

Do you know anything about modifying linux kernel modules? It's prolly missing the proper drivers for the radios in the device. Does the touchscreen work and basic functions or is it pretty much unusable? The wifi might be easy to get working. This Sounds like a good candidate to start with. I haven't tried it for myself yet.

Sadly I do not know anything about modifying modules. The touchscreen works fine and the wifi also worked. Camera didn't though and background did not move when going through pages. Only real problem is the lack of service though. Mostly everything else seemed to work.

Well it sounds like we already have a port, granted it's still in alpha for Optimus V. It looks like they are they are planning on porting to other "Optimus variants" as well. Maybe the Vortex will be on that list.

Everything seems to work besides the sensors, cell radio and camera (the camera semi works)

Hello all! I've been checking back with this thread periodically to see if there has been any update on progress for this possible port. I have been running bobz build of CM7 for a while now and I haven't had any problems. But some ICS for this phone would be considerably tasty! So, how are the optimus builds looking? And as a relation to that, the possibility of a port? I'm willing to test any early builds.

Thank you guys for everything that's been done so far!

Sent from my LG Vortex running CM7!

I have to tell you first off that I currently do not have service on my LG Vortex. I have moved on to a Bionic. I to was curious about this nice piece of information and would like to update that I have loaded the AOSP build onto my Vortex and I have got say is everything works quiet smooth. I know the radios are not correct and camera doesn't appear to work, but wifi works great. Rotation isn't there and had to visit androidsu.com to update su bianary. But this is just a toy device that I let my son play with. I can see the devs having to do very little with this build to port it to the Vortex.

Sent from my ICS VORTEX

Well, the biggest problem you have is the same one that those who have the R800x Xperia Play... the ICS Beta has only been released for phones using GSM data communications. We use CDMA, and there's the problem. We haven't found a solution as yet.

You might want to look into having someone port CM9. We have it working with CDMA and 3G, and if ICS can be run at all on the Vortex, that might be your closest avenue to getting something like it.

Back
Top Bottom