• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Reset of my n8013 doesn't allow updates

Stoney62

Android Enthusiast
Way back when, I modified my 4.1.2 tab so I could use the Switchme app. Since it hasn't had a software update since then, I need to unmodify my system, so I did a hard reset but that doesn't seem to unmodify it so I can get it updated. Help PLEASE!

Doing that right now! It took me a long time to get it connected to my pc and I finally got the update started. The tab says it's downloading and do not turn off target. The Kies window is a greyish color that now has please connect a device. The firmware upgrade in progress is at 0% and has been that way for some time-- an hour or so. It also says not to disconnect. Guess I'll just keep it going as is and hope it finishes before I run out of electricity-- we have t-storms in the area. My battery backup has been necessary several times already. Any suggestions on what I should do if I lose power completely would be most appreciated!

Well, it didn't work yesterday, so I bought a new sync cable. That did the trick today. That and a Samsung Remote tech going thru the process for me. No more root. Software updates now work. I was surprised that the Version updated stayed 4.1.2. Are we EVER going to get 4.4.2?

Back
Top Bottom