• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

resetting tab 3

Hello people i am looking for some info on how i can reset a samsung tab 3 that is password locked.
Sm t210r is the model number i have tried the reset of power home volume buttons but it does not do anything but power up asking for pass code.

Before anyone starts thinking it is stolen let me explain how I got the tablet.

about a month back I bought a car from a auction that included consignment vehicles and repossessed vehicles a week ago I was cleaning the car out and I found this stuck in the pouch of the seat....I contacted the auction company and they told me the car was a repo and they just had the bank name for the car and they will not give me any info on who the previous owner was due to privacy restrictions.

Hello people i am looking for some info on how i can reset a samsung tab 3 that is password locked.
Sm t210r is the model number i have tried the reset of power home volume buttons but it does not do anything but power up asking for pass code.

Before anyone starts thinking it is stolen let me explain how I got the tablet.

about a month back I bought a car from a auction that included consignment vehicles and repossessed vehicles a week ago I was cleaning the car out and I found this stuck in the pouch of the seat....I contacted the auction company and they told me the car was a repo and they just had the bank name for the car and they will not give me any info on who the previous owner was due to privacy restrictions.

You could download kies and connect it to your computer and reinstall the latest firmware that way everything would be set to factory settings.

So I have tried doing the hard reset I have held all 3 buttons down and all that happens is it starts up then shuts down the tablet...now if I let the buttons go when the logo shows up it just goes back to the locked screen...If I just let the power button go it also just powers up and goes back to the lock screen this little tablet seems to be screwed up

i just want to say thank you for trying to help me get this thing running but my fingers are sore from holding down these mini buttons lol
You have to keep holding it.

So I have tried doing the hard reset I have held all 3 buttons down and all that happens is it starts up then shuts down the tablet...now if I let the buttons go when the logo shows up it just goes back to the locked screen...If I just let the power button go it also just powers up and goes back to the lock screen this little tablet seems to be screwed up

i just want to say thank you for trying to help me get this thing running but my fingers are sore from holding down these mini buttons lol
Hmm ok I just tried it and it worked for me. OK hold all 3 buttons like I said but let go of only the power button when you see the logo. I think holding the power button too long just makes it restart again.

I also noticed the date and time keeps jumping back to Dec 31 from jan 1st.

I have tried keis I have tried to get it to hard reset but this little tablet is not letting me do anything with it lol

i just discovered for the tab 3 7.0 wifi you hold dwn the power vol up home button once it flashes let go off the power button as to whether or not this will reset your device and by pass the password

i just discovered for the tab 3 7.0 wifi you hold dwn the power vol up home button once it flashes let go off the power button as to whether or not this will reset your device and by pass the password

That just puts it in recovery mode...

the reverse power button home button volume down gets you into download mode from there i believe you place a rom in the sd card the go to the first power button home button and volume up release the power button this will give you a menu how ever google your device and follow tutorials on installing new roms

Back
Top Bottom