• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help [Resolved] Accidentally set radio to USA band on droid turbo

lwati

Lurker
Hiya,
I really messed up. I wasn't getting a 4G signal, and someone reccomended I go into a menu that you can access through the phone by dialing *#*#4646#*#*. I did that, and I accidentally set my radio band to USA band. I can't change it back and I can't get a signal. I need to change it back to whatever band the UK uses for mobile networks

I'm not rooted, and I don't really want to - but if anyone can help me, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks!
Please I have the same problem in my droid turbo pls pls help me

Accidentally set radio to USA band on droid turbo (XT1245) using this app (phone info) please someone help me .

I put all of this in one place, the thread started by the OP.

I'm confused if a dialer code was used as in the first post, an app as in the bold post - and I'm confused that this was titled [RESOLVED].

Is it resolved or still a problem? If it's still a problem, let's change the title ok.

Did you change the settings you're referring to by the service menu also revealed by the "Network" app?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.mangelow.network

If true, please provide screen shots from that app, and someone with a Turbo please provide the same screen shots with the right settings.

It took some looking ... I wish it was adopted as the model number ...

XT1254 - Motorola Droid Turbo (USA only)
XT1225 - Motorola Moto Maxx (not to be confused with Motorola Droid Maxx) (released in Brazil and as I understand it it was the "international Droid Turbo")

Perhaps someone who know more about the radios will chime in.

Edit: Some people call the Motorola Moto Maxx a Motorola Moto Turbo.

... Thom

Last edited:
It took some looking ... I wish it was adopted as the model number ...

XT1254 - Motorola Droid Turbo (USA only)
XT1225 - Motorola Moto Maxx (not to be confused with Motorola Droid Maxx) (released in Brazil and as I understand it it was the "international Droid Turbo")

Perhaps someone who know more about the radios will chime in.

Edit: Some people call the Motorola Moto Maxx a Motorola Moto Turbo.

... Thom
I have I droid turbo and I use it in Africa !!? (Morocco) original from USA Verizon

I spent about an hour on the phone with Motorola today to address the confusion. Here's the word ...
  • XT1030 - Droid Mini (being verified)
  • XT1080 - Droid Ultra
  • XT1080M - Droid Maxx
  • XT1225 - Moto Maxx
  • XT1245 - Droid Mini (Motorola) - nothing (Verizon)
  • XT1254 - Droid Turbo (being verified)
... they point out that you can go to their website and query the numbers.

The number on the box my 64GB Turbo came in says ...
MOTXT1254BN64 t(BALLISTIC NYLON 64GB)

I assume there is a typo in your message. Are you using a XT1254 Droid Turbo?

When you used this in Morocco ... how did you configure it?

.... Thom

Last edited:
I spent about an hour on the phone with Motorola today to address the confusion. Here's the word ...
  • XT1080 - Droid Ultra
  • XT1080M - Droid Maxx
  • XT1225 - Moto Maxx
  • XT1254 - Droid Turbo
... they point out that you can go to their website and query the numbers.

The number on the box my 64GB Turbo came in says ...
MOTXT1254BN64 t(BALLISTIC NYLON 64GB)

I assume there is a typo in your message. Are you using a XT1254 Droid Turbo?

When you used this in Morocco ... how did you configure it?

.... Thom[/QUOT
Yes I have a XT1245 Droid Turbo .
I just put a 4G Sim card and she's work instantly .
But I have a problem my radio band changed to (USA band ) please help .

Fwiw, I think they gave you wrong info about this one. The Droid Mini is XT1030.

XT1030 would make more sense since the Ultra is an XT1080.

Do you have the box ... so we can verify that?

The person I chatted with said it was the Droid Turbo 32GB. The person in sales said it was the Droid Mini and that is how it is rsolved on the Motorola website. It is not resolved to anything on the Verizon website.

I checked the two websites and that is what I got also.

Yes there are a number of third-party products on the Internet that refer to it as a Droid Turbo. That one I had them check. The 32GB and 64GB Droid Turbo have the same primary number.

... Thom

Settings / more... / mobile network. Is "Preferred network type" set to "LTE/GSM/UMTS"?
I'd suggested the Network app earlier because in one account a service menu was used and reached via the dialer or an app.

If true there may be hidden modes that won't show up in settings - but settings ought to set the major modes dictated by Verizon settings.

The radio network service menu looks like this on a Sprint HTC -

1435464493278.jpg

1435464508248.jpg

The Network app is the best way to get to that service menu.

Exactly what I suspect happened to the OP - he's got a low level mode set and the main settings are confused.

(Btw, just to let everyone know that I'm proposing settings that could cause Verizon issues, I want to mention that I'm on Sprint -

1435485251143.jpg

- and I live in a fringe area for LTE, so I set CDMA only at home to stop confusing my auto switch.)

The Network app doesn't show its own list, it shows what the phone thinks that it may have - and that may or may not be physically correct.

Regardless of models, I suspect that this is the issue facing the OP and probably where the solution lies.

I know on a Droid Maxx that when you make a change like that with the network app you mention, the phone goes back to default after restarting the phone. I suspect the Turbo is the same. Maybe not?

However, using the user-facing setting that Thom and I mentioned will stick through a restart of the phone.

Back
Top Bottom