• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help return to stock!

kofman13

I am getting a replacement MT in the mail tomorrow and will have to return my current MT and i want to return it to stock mode, and un root.
how do i get it to original recovery and stock rom with no root?

Did you make a backup of the stock rom before installing the rom you are using now? And did you save the old recovery before switching to CWM?

heh, I'm doing the same thing. recovery is easy to revert on these guys. hopefully you have a backup. if not, i'm sure there's a copy somewhere on here.

as for unrooting, what method did you do? if you exploited the fact that the stock rom already has su, you should be able to just factory reset and call it a day. if you used gingerbreak youd need to run it again to unroot.

problem for me is i never bothered making a backup since i never did anything to really warrant it. but now my touch screen is bunk. plus, the microusb port doesn't work. oh well. i'm sure it won't be a big deal

they are already sending me a replacement so i guess its fine.

i did not backup... but i did save my recovery.

im sure i can just wipe data and flash a stock recovery and it will be unrooted since its a stock rom flashed form scratch?

If you don't mind me asking you guys, why are you getting a replacement MT? I've been contemplating sending my MT back but they told me the GPS taking a long time to fix wasn't covered under the warranty.

Back
Top Bottom