• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rezound died this morning

I purchased my Rezound on December 20, 2011. Never had any issues with it until today. It has always been kept in an otter box.

Today I went to restart my phone as I do every day. This time it got stuck on the white screen with the green HTC letters and would not move beyond that.

After spending over an hour of removing the battery, sim card and sd card, the phone still wouldn't work. I tried doing the Volume Down while pressing the power button, still no luck.

Took it to Verizon store (2 actually) and they couldn't repair it and found it rather odd. Also the phone charging port stopped working although the battery was fully charged this morning prior to restarting the phone. I've done restarts constantly since I got the phone and never once had any issues. I also took the phone to Best Buy Mobile just to see what they thought and the sales rep worked for 25 minutes on it, but finally gave up.

It became clear something killed the phone and nobody knows what it was. Luckily I had my wife's upgrade and got the Galaxy Note II. I'll never buy another HTC product. I had one minor problem last year when the actual charging cord died but HTC refused to supply me with a new one despite it still being under warranty. They said it expires a year from when the phone is made, not when you actually purchase it. A Verizon rep took pity and gave me a new one at the time, but that soured me on HTC.

Bye-bye HTC. With all your problems in your company nowadays, it's a wonder you are still in business.

Hello nativecodder. I'm hoping you haven't hammered or set fire to your Rezound yet :D, it could very well be viable and ready to fire up normally with a new SIM card, sd card and battery.

All three of those things seldom go bad at once, but all three can cause the boot freeze, which is what you describe as the first symptom. ;)

Most techs seldom switch out SIM cards, and begin by attempting a factory data reset with the battery out and the button combo that brings the Rezound to that special menu.

Anyway, you did say "good-bye," to the whole HTC company, not just the Rezound (the HTC One is getting rave reviews ;)) just thought I'd toss a few thoughts your way in case you still have it and can donate it to a worthy cause such as homeless people's mission, battered women's shelter, etc once you get it going. :)

Bye-bye HTC. With all your problems in your company nowadays, it's a wonder you are still in business.
And yet you got 1.5 years of flawless use out of the device, but you say HTC is crap... I am sorry you feel that way but your device is likely NOT bricked, or even beyond simple repair by someone who can go slightly beyond the normal "Verizon store" support.

I hope your Note II works out, my last Samsung was a total disaster with 3 bad phones in a row that would just rebooting mid-call... My Rezound has had a bad proximity sensor, which was promptly replaced at no charge. My money is still on HTC for the time being, sorry you had such a "bad" experience.

And yet you got 1.5 years of flawless use out of the device, but you say HTC is crap... I am sorry you feel that way but your device is likely NOT bricked, or even beyond simple repair by someone who can go slightly beyond the normal "Verizon store" support.

I hope your Note II works out, my last Samsung was a total disaster with 3 bad phones in a row that would just rebooting mid-call... My Rezound has had a bad proximity sensor, which was promptly replaced at no charge. My money is still on HTC for the time being, sorry you had such a "bad" experience.

When I say with the way things are now they are lucky to still be in business, I'm referring to the recent news about their company. From the recent articles it would appear HTC is in flux with their upper management leaving. From the articles is sounds like total chaos and disarray over there.

I mentioned the sim card, yet not one of the 3 (different stores) made an attempt to put a different one in.

Another issue was the phone stopped taking a charge when all this began. It was rather strange to see a well cared for phone suddenly die like that. Never dropped, wet etc. etc. I did notice the vibration and ring tone was getting softer and softer a few days before. Not sure if that was a warning sign of other issues to come.

Samsung could crap out also, but I'll take my chances. I've had pretty good luck with their TV's and Monitors so we will see what happens.

Hello nativecodder. I'm hoping you haven't hammered or set fire to your Rezound yet :D, it could very well be viable and ready to fire up normally with a new SIM card, sd card and battery.

All three of those things seldom go bad at once, but all three can cause the boot freeze, which is what you describe as the first symptom. ;)

Most techs seldom switch out SIM cards, and begin by attempting a factory data reset with the battery out and the button combo that brings the Rezound to that special menu.

Anyway, you did say "good-bye," to the whole HTC company, not just the Rezound (the HTC One is getting rave reviews ;)) just thought I'd toss a few thoughts your way in case you still have it and can donate it to a worthy cause such as homeless people's mission, battered women's shelter, etc once you get it going. :)

Doesn't look like anything is going to get that phone going. I removed the battery, and sim card and still can't get the power indicator light to come on. It lights up for 1 second and goes off. I just tried this again 5 minutes ago.

If it was a laptop I'd say either the motherboard was bad or the ac/dc port was damaged. Same thing with this phone, not sure if the charging port was somehow damaged or something else in the phone got zapped, but it's a paperweight right now. Rather strange as I mentioned earlier.

I purchased my Rezound on December 20, 2011. Never had any issues with it until today. It has always been kept in an otter box.

Today I went to restart my phone as I do every day. This time it got stuck on the white screen with the green HTC letters and would not move beyond that.

After spending over an hour of removing the battery, sim card and sd card, the phone still wouldn't work. I tried doing the Volume Down while pressing the power button, still no luck.

Took it to Verizon store (2 actually) and they couldn't repair it and found it rather odd. Also the phone charging port stopped working although the battery was fully charged this morning prior to restarting the phone. I've done restarts constantly since I got the phone and never once had any issues. I also took the phone to Best Buy Mobile just to see what they thought and the sales rep worked for 25 minutes on it, but finally gave up.

It became clear something killed the phone and nobody knows what it was. Luckily I had my wife's upgrade and got the Galaxy Note II. I'll never buy another HTC product. I had one minor problem last year when the actual charging cord died but HTC refused to supply me with a new one despite it still being under warranty. They said it expires a year from when the phone is made, not when you actually purchase it. A Verizon rep took pity and gave me a new one at the time, but that soured me on HTC.

Sorry you're having the problems. I love my HTC rezound.

Have you tried both the soft and hard reset:
How to Soft and Hard Reset HTC Rezound

Keep us posted!

Sorry you're having the problems. I love my HTC rezound.

Have you tried both the soft and hard reset:
How to Soft and Hard Reset HTC Rezound

Keep us posted!

I tried everything. You know how the orange light comes on and then turns green. Even with the battery, sim card and sd card removed at various points the indicator light only comes on for 2 seconds and goes right off. I have to unplug the wall charger and try again. Same thing. I even tried different wall chargers for the phone.

My wife has a 4 year old Droid 2 that is still going strong.

Only thing I can think of is maybe a surge destroyed something inside the phone. I've spent 2 plus hours going over every aspect possible, nothing works. Sometimes things just die out. It was never abused so it's puzzling.

It's over and done with. Already got the Note 2 and happy with it. I like the larger screen for Internet and watching DVDs that I can rip into mp4 files.

Back
Top Bottom