• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringer volume goes up all by itself- is it possessed?

sugardoo

Lurker
Oct 25, 2012
If I can't fix this soon, I'll be showing it off for Halloween as it appears like a ghost is in my phone. The ringer volume just randomly goes up all by itself. Seriously, I can lay it on a table while the screen is active and many times randomly, it just turns its own volume up all the way and it keeps trying to do it repeatedly. Also, I have noticed while talking I can turn the handset volume down but not up. Anybody know a fix for this? I have a beta program that is not available anymore so I'm hoping the potential fix doesn't require me to wipe out everything.
Thanks in advance for you help.

Update:
Just in case somebody has a similar problem and finds this, it "healed" itself!
I think what may have caused the problem was moisture. I had gone camping and remember in the morning the phone was moist with morning dew and I think the moisture may have caused a problem with the electronics to act weird. A few days later and the problem went away on its own.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones